Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. Today’s theme was:
Top Ten Characters You’d Like To Check In With (meaning, the book or series is over and you so just wish you could peek in on the “life” you imagine they are leading years down the line after the story ends).
I have very carefully chosen books that will probably never see another book. I think it’s somewhat silly to choose a book that is in the middle of the series or will have at least one more book after (even though I CAN’T WAIT to check it with the Raven Boys).
1. Simon and Blue – Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli (Happy publication day to this wonderful book!)
2. Charlie – The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
3. Aya and Kiran – The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons
4. Professor Andrew Martin – The Humans by Matt Haig
5. Everyone from the Anna and the French Kiss books but mostly Lola and Cricket – Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
6. Katniss, Peeta, Gale, Haymitch – The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
7. Teddy Lupin or really anyone in the second generation – Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
8. Craig – It’s Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini (I actually started crying while I typed that out. I just…can’t. All I can do is think of Ned Vizzini)
9. Grace Brisbane – the Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater
10. Jennifer and Eric – S. by J.J. Abrams and Doug Dorst
There are so many more I could list. What characters would you love to check in with?