This past week I participated in my second Bout of Books read-a-thon. I really enjoyed it, just like last time, and I exceeded my goals which is super exciting!
Here are my goals with how I completed them!
– Read two novels: I read The Girl from the Well by Rin Chupeco and The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith (review this week). I also read half of The Truth about Alice by Jennifer Mathieu (review this week)
– Read five children’s books: Okay, I guess I didn’t meet this goal, but I read 4/5 so that’s pretty good. I read Jumanji by Chris Van Allsburg, Lost and Found and Up and Down by Oliver Jeffers, and Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst.
– Read at least three single issue comics: I read four issues of Batman and Robin and four issues of Batman, Incorporated!
– Read two trade paperbacks or graphic novels: I read Volumes 6-8 of The Walking Dead comics and Volume 1 of Chew
– Post reviews of at least half of what I read: I reviewed The Girl from the Well (review up later today), Through the Woods, Chew over on WatchPlayRead. Okay, not quite half, but I think I did pretty well.
– Participate in at least two Bout of Books challenges: These are linked to where you can find my entries. The Book Scavenger Hunt, The Book Spine Poetry Challenge, and The Spell It Out Challenge. Three challenges! Yay. All three of these were super fun.
– Participate in at least one Bout of Books Twitter chat: I participated in the chats on Monday and Saturday. The Twitter chats are a lot of fun and also super overwhelming, but I made some new blogger friends and gained some new followers. 🙂
The bottom line: Bout of Books is my favorite thing. I enjoy challenging myself to read more than I usually do in a week, and I’m really proud of myself for this week – I read 1,824 pages! That’s awesome. I exceeded my page count from last time and I met pretty much all of my goals. I’m looking forward to the next Bout of Books!