This post marks the end of the 2015 Summer Blogger Promo Tour, and this makes me very sad. Like last year, I had a lot of fun getting to know everyone, though I wish there’d been a little more interaction in our Twitter DM! I featured guest posts from 8 wonderful bloggers over the course of July and August.
In case you missed the posts, here they are!
- Ri from Hiver et Café: Ri told us about five of the places (real or fictional) that she’d love to visit
- Melissa from The Reader and the Chef: Melissa listed some food from YA books she wishes she could eat in the fictional worlds they come from
- Anna from Unquenchable Reads: Anna did the super fun Book Blog Name Tag
- Sydney from Sydsaurus Rex: Sydney, who’s a relatively new blogger, did a version of the Book Blogger Get to Know Me Tag
- Amber and Jessica from The Book Bratz: Amber and Jessica gave us the dream cast for their favorite books
- Mariah from A Reader’s Adventure: Mariah told us about some of the places from YA books she’d like to visit
- Talina from Sassy & Dangerous: Talina gave us her “High Fives” – her favorite book, genre, author, blog(s), and bookish merchandise.
- Jillian’s Books: Jillian did the GIF tag and found GIFs to match a list of 10 books I gave her
Not only did I enjoy reading everyone’s posts for my blog, I LOVED doing the posts for blogs on which I was featured. My favorite has got to be the Book Guessing Game I did on Melissa’s blog. It was super challenging and a lot of fun to try to guess books based on a short description, quote, a few words, or a sample of their cover. I also enjoyed making a list of some of the bookish tattoos I’d like to get in the future on Sydney’s blog. I wrote about an object from books I’d recreate if I had unlimited resources for Mariah’s blog and my favorite TV and movie guys for Talina (featuring some gorgeous pictures of men like Dylan O’Brien and Donald Glover).
I had a few issues with the tour – mostly that I sometimes didn’t know who was hosting me or they wouldn’t tag me on Twitter, so I didn’t know my post was up, but I also had a few of the bloggers not email me until super late or want me to come up with ideas for the post they did on my blog AND what I would do for their blog, which I didn’t think was fair.
However, overall, I liked the tour and finding some new bloggers to follow! The Summer Blogger Promo Tour is a great way to get your name out but also to spread the love for some fellow book bloggers. Make sure you follow our lovely hosts The Book Bratz (on their blog or Twitter) and keep your eye for sign-ups for next year!