Are you ready for the #ReadingMyLibrary Challenge Scavenger Hunt?! We thought this would be a fun way to explore your library and have a blast! If you are not participating in the giveaway, you are free to find as many (or as few) of the following things. If you are participating in the giveaway, please find at least TEN (10) of the following things in your library If you are unable to find ten of these things, leave a note in your post explaining that.
Make a post on your blog (or Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc) with pictures of the following things:
- Your library
- Library Card
- Old School Card Catalog (we know that not all libraries have one of these, so take a picture of the catalog on a computer instead!)
- Your Librarian / Circulation Clerk (ask nicely and I’m sure they’ll let you!)
- Date Stamper
- An audio book
- A DVD
- Withdrawn or discarded book (can be controversial, but a part of a book’s life at a library. Most end up for sale)
- Fun library furniture
- Your favorite library book (could be broken down into F, NF, YA, JF/MG, E, etc)
- A large print book
- Your library’s event calendar
- Flyer for an upcoming event
- A fun display
- A book from the 800 non-fiction section (a book categorized in the 800s of the Dewey Decimal System)
- A set of encyclopedias
- A graphic novel
- Fun round (take a picture with all these books together – make sure you take the stack up to the circ desk when you’re done so they can in-house the books!):
- Find a book with a girl in a dress on the cover
- Find a book that’s green
- Find a book with an author who has the same initials as you
- Find a book with a number in the title
- Find a cookbook
- Find a picture book
- Find a book with a picture of someplace you would like to visit
- Find a book with more than eight (8) words in the title
- Find a book with a one (1) word title
- Find a book about libraries or with the word library in the title
- Find a book with a duck on the cover
To give you some examples, you can find my pictures of the above things in the gallery below!
I’m missing: My library (I’ll add this in later!), Date Stamper (we can’t seem to find our old one!), Withdrawn or discarded books (I just forgot!), Fun library furniture (our furniture is old and boring), but I hope this helps! The main thing is to HAVE FUN! Ask your librarians for help or tell them about the challenge! Wish them a happy National Library Week.
After you’ve done your post (on your blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc.), link up below!
And then enter the giveaway for a chance to win your choice of book up to $15 from TBD (meaning the giveaway is international as long as TBD delivers to you).