The fourth and final post for the Book Blogger Love-a-Thon hosted by Alexa Loves Books today is called “One Can Only Quote”. We’re sharing some of our favorite quotes about love and friendship! I could list a TON of favorite quotes from books about these topics, but here are three quotes about each!
“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
So this hasn’t happened to me yet, but I have hope it will one day.
“Let our scars fall in love.” – Galway Kinnell
Yeah, can you say “SWOOOON”? I told you that I loved Cricket.
“Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . .’” ― C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves
“Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” ― Albert Camus
“Being a nerd, which is to say going too far and caring too much about a subject, is the best way to make friends I know.” – Sarah Vowell, The Partly Cloudy Patriot
What are some of your favorite quotes about love and friendship?
Hi lovelies! The Book Blogger Love-a-Thon hosted by Alexa Loves Books has started. This is the first post, a questionnaire designed to help you get to know me a little better. To anyone who’s never been to my blog before, HI! Welcome to Caught Read Handed. To anyone who’s been here before, it’s good to see you again. ❤ Let’s get started, shall we?
- What’s your name? Stefani! 🙂
- Where in the world are you blogging from? I blog from the Middle of Nowhere, Mississippi. Usually on the couch, sometimes in bed.
- How did you get into blogging in the first place? I’ve always LOVED talking about books and spreading the love for books, authors, and reading. I should’ve gotten into book blogging a long time ago, but I finally did in March of last year. Haven’t looked back since.
- How did you come up with your blog name? It’s really hard to come up with something unique for a book blog name because there are already so many lovely ones out there, but I tried to think of something different.
- What genre do you read and review the most on your blog? YA. (I also review comics at least twice a week on WatchPlayRead.com)
- What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews? Top Ten Tuesday, Waiting on Wednesday, book to movie posts, random bookish talk posts.
- Best blogging experience so far? Having people tell me they read a book based on my recommendation and loved it. Or interacting with authors on Twitter who’ve loved my reviews or been appreciative of my WoW posts.
- Favorite thing about the blogging community? The people. I even wrote a post about this on Thursday.
- Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2015! THIS IS SO HARD. I am looking forward to way more than these five, but these were the first five that came to mind.
- Reasons to Stay Alive by Matt Haig
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach
- The Prom Goer’s Interstellar Excursion by Chris McCoy
- More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera
- What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read? I honestly think everyone should read The Humans by Matt Haig. It makes you appreciate what it means to be human and to be alive. It’s a beautiful, amazing, funny, sad, wonderful book.
- Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF? Pretty sure Lola (from Lola and the Boy Next Door) and I would be BFF. But that might be a problem because Cricket (her love interest) is my boyfriend.
- Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests? Crafting, going to the movies, painting.
- Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for? Music.
- At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing? Oh, man. This is hard. Current favorite: AWOLNATION’s “Hollow Moon (Bad Wolf)”. I even did a post about how much I love it.
- Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book. I had to think for a while on this, but I think The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion would make a really cool movie – The Big Bang Theory is super popular, and Don, the main character in The Rosie Project, is really similar. It could translate well to the screen.
Are you participating in the Love-a-Thon? Let me know so I can come check out your questionnaire! ❤