Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. Today’s theme was:
Ten Facts About Me (bookish or just general about you facts or ten facts about you as a blogger…whatever you want)
- I love to travel. I’ve been to ¾ of the United States and five countries (yes, I am counting England and Scotland as separate countries – so I’ve been to: Scotland, England, Ireland, Spain, and Italy). I usually take at least one road trip a month. I just love seeing new places, meeting new people, and experiencing as much of the world as I can.
- I have a Master’s degree in Publishing Studies from the University of Stirling in Stirling, Scotland. My dream is to one day be a literary agent or a publicist, and I have had internships doing both of these things as well as in editorial, marketing, and communications.
- I want to move away from Mississippi. Like, yesterday.
- Other than reading and traveling, my favorite thing to do is go to concerts. There’s just something about live music that gives me life.
- I also really, really love book festivals. I’ve been to lots (both in the US and Scotland) and have had the pleasure of working at three. What could be better than a bunch of bookish people (authors, bloggers, publishers, librarians, and readers) getting together in one place?
- I’m a bit of a picky eater. Here are some of the things I don’t eat: ground beef (which means no hamburgers and tacos), cucumbers, oranges (acid reflux sux), bananas, carrots, almonds/cashews/pistachios. But honestly, I eat way more now than I did when I was a kid.
- I hate cherry flavored things; it reminds me of cough syrup/cold medicine.
- I can’t drive 55.
- I currently live on ten acres of land, but I really want to live in a city. I love public transportation and being able to walk places. I’d definitely pass out before I got anywhere where I currently live.
- I want to get another tattoo soon. I have plans for my next several, and I think my next one will be another bookish tattoo.