Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. Today’s theme was:
Top Ten Resolutions We Have For 2016 (can be bookish, personal resolutions, “I resolve to finally read these 10 books, series I resolve to finish in 2015, etc.)
In 2016, I want to…
- Read at least 12 books I already own but haven’t read (TBR pile on my Rock My TBR Challenge sign up)
- Read more backlist titles and therefore
- Focus less on ARCs and more on me
- Review books as I finish them – I tend to read a book but then wait until closer to when I will post the review to actually write the review. This is dumb and makes it harder to write the review, especially if I’ve read a few books in between
- Schedule more posts – this leaves time for commenting and lessens my personal stress level when I don’t feel the need to write a post RIGHT NOW
- Care less if I don’t/can’t/don’t want to post every day – I’ve started this already but I just want to remember that this blog is for me and if I don’t want to write a post on a particular day, I DON’T HAVE TO
- Comment more – I know that I LOVE when I get comments and I want to support other bloggers. I want to read more blogs and tell them what I think. I want to blog hop at least twice a week, even if it’s only for 15 minutes.
- DNF books I want to DNF – I got a lot better at this in 2015 and I want to continue this. It’s silly to continue reading a book I have no desire to keep reading and all it does it make me miserable. It’s okay to DNF.
- Moderate another panel at the Decatur Book Festival – I’ve already been invited back, so this one is halfway to happening, but I had so much fun last year that I HAVE to go back!
- Weed my personal book collection – I have A LOT of books, some that are packed up and some that are actually on my shelves. They need a good weeding to see which books I actually want to keep on my shelves and which can be passed on (either to friends or the library).
I have a few more goals for the year, but I’ll stop here. What are your bookish goals for 2016?