Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. Today’s theme was:
Thanksgiving themed Freebie — ten books I’m thankful for, authors I’m thankful for, Ten fictional families I’d like to celebrate Thanksgiving with, a personal non-bookish thankful list, etc. etc.
I love the idea of listing ten of the books I’m thankful for, because there’s been a lot of books I’ve read in my life that furthered my love of reading, helped me, comforted me, and loved me like I loved them. Here are ten of the many, many books I’m thankful for.
Thank you to:
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling – for everything
- Reasons to Stay Alive by Matt Haig – for giving me reasons
- My Heart & Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga – for understanding
- The Falls by Ian Rankin – for pulling me into John Rebus’ world and not letting go
- The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt, illustrated by Oliver Jeffers – for reminding me why I love children’s books
- S. by J.J. Abrams and Doug Dorst – for representing the whole reason I want to work in publishing in one book
- The Humans by Matt Haig – for making me appreciate being human and alive
- Mosquitoland by David Arnold – for Mim, for being my spirit animal
- The Walking Dead, volume 1 by Robert Kirkman – for opening me up to a whole new obsession
- And most recently, The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner – for making me react to a book in a way I haven’t in a long time, for making me sob
What books are you thankful for?