I can’t believe Bout of Books 14 is already over! My fourth time participating in the week-long readathon was a blast, as always, and I’m sad to see it go! BUT now I have a reason to look forward to January! I’m going to do a little wrap up of what I read and the challenges I participated in this week.
Total number of pages read: 1,354 (WOOOO!)
What I read this week:
- The Curious Tale of the In-Between by Lauren DeStefano
- The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich
- The Day the Crayons Came Home by Drew Daywalt and illustrated by Oliver Jeffers
- Wherever You Go by Pat Zietlow Miller
- Rosie Revere, Engineer by Andrea Beaty
- The Rose Society by Marie Lu
- These single issue comics: Robin: Son of Batman #2, We Are Robin #2, Prez #2, Thor #8, Bat-Mite #1 and 2
My favorite read of the week: Hands down, The Rose Society. It’s almost not even fair to the other books.
Challenges participated in this week:
- Fictional World Travel Challenge
- the MASH challenge
- #4SeasonsBooksCovers challenge
- Road Trip Challenge
- What to Read Next Challenge
Other notes about the week: I’ve got to say, I’m pretty impressed with how much I read this week while working a full-time job, a part-time job, blogging, going to a book festival, and sleeping. I’m also really happy to say that I liked every single book I read, which is awesome. All of the challenges I participated in were super fun and different. I got to participate in the Twitter chat on Saturday, which was overwhelming and wonderful, as always. I can’t wait for the next round of Bout of Books.
If this is the first you’re hearing about Bout of Books or you want to learn more, make sure you go follow the Bout of Books blog because that’s where all the info is about the readathon and where they’ll update us on upcoming events.