If you’ve been on my blog this past week (or my Twitter or Instagram), you’re well aware that I participated in Bout of Books 12. It was my third time participating and, as always, I had an absolute blast. I even got to host one of the first two challenges of the week on Monday – the Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt – which had such an amazing turn out. Everyone’s finds were super awesome and I found some new books to read and new blogs to follow. I’m so glad everyone seemed to enjoy the challenge!
I also participated in the first Twitter chat, most of the second, and the last five minutes of the third. Again, I found more people to follow – I actually think the chats were my favorite thing of this go around of Bout of Books. I enjoyed them immensely the first two times, of course, but this time they were incredibly fun.
Now for what I read: Overall, I read an awesome total of 1,568 pages! Here’s a breakdown:
– Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan – 260 pages [my review]
– The Iron Trial by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare – 299 pages
– Girl Online by Zoe Sugg – 352 pages
– Never Never by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher – 140 pages
– 102 pages of Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
– Comics: Thor #2, Superior Iron Man #2, Gotham Academy #3, Batman and Robin #36, Arkham Manor #2, Gotham by Midnight #1, Memetic #2, Feathers #1, Batman and Robin #37, Robin Rises Alpha, The Walking Dead #135, Memetic #3, Superior Iron Man #3, Thor #3, Wild’s End #4, Arkham Manor #3, and Fiction Squad #2
I haven’t reviewed any of these books except for Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares, but I plan on doing so this week (either posting them or scheduling them for the future).
I think I had a pretty great week. I feel good about how much I read and the mix of genres and books/comics. I had an absolute blast and I can’t wait for sign ups for the May Bout of Books to open up! If you don’t already, make sure you either follow Bout of Books on Twitter or subscribe to their newsletter on their website so you can get in on the fun next time!
Two of my reasons to join Bout of Books: