This week I was nominated for another Liebster Award by Phoebe aka Thoughts on Books. Thanks so much, Phoebe! I am very flattered to be nominated for this award again. 🙂 It’s been a while since I did a Liebster Award post, so I thought I could probably come up with 11 more facts about myself to share with you guys. Hope you don’t mind!
11 Facts about Me:
- I think you all know, but I also write for a website called WatchPlayRead – I do book and comic reviews, author interviews, Teen Wolf recaps, and other miscellaneous posts. A bit of shameless self-promotion here.
- I drink at least two cups of coffee every morning and sometimes more throughout the day.
- Other than reading books, listening to music is my other refuge. Going to concerts is a physical need, and I try to go to one at least once a month; sometimes that happens and sometimes it doesn’t, but I try.
- I also have a physical need to travel. If I am in one place for too long, I get super restless which gives me anxiety. Honestly, I’m pretty much always restless. If I had enough money, I’d never stop travelling.
- I absolutely love meeting new people – from all over the world. I want to learn as much as I can about the world that I live in and I think the best way to do that is through people.
- I haven’t eaten a hamburger in about 7 years. Or ground beef. It’s not for any religious reason; ground beef just made me physically ill the last three or four times I had it. So no cheeseburgers or tacos for me, thanks!
- I could eat chicken for every single meal though.
- I used to never read contemporary books, but in the past 6 months, I’ve read more contemporaries than I probably have in my whole life. I think it’s partly because of a need for sweet, light books that make you feel good and partly because I’ve been exposed to such amazing authors through the book blogosphere (Morgan Matson, Stephanie Perkins – this was actually from an awesome friend, Jennifer E. Smith, etc).
- There is at least one moment every day that I miss Scotland with every fiber in my being. I felt unbelievably comfortable there, and I don’t know if I’ll feel that way in another place ever again.
- You also all probably know that my favorite TV show is Teen Wolf (and Doctor Who) and I’m still recovering from season 4’s finale!
- When I love something (be in book, author, band, song, movie, whatever), you will know about it. I do not push down my passion. I want other people to check these things out. I don’t do it to be like “Look at all these things I like. I am so cultured. Blah blah blah.” I do it to help spread the love for something I’ve enjoyed. When I read or hear or watch something that I reacted to in a good way, it’s like a fire burning inside me. I want to share that warmth with other people. I don’t know if that makes any sense. Suffice it to say, I’m a super passionate person.
The questions Phoebe gave me:
- Do you still live where you grew up? Well, sort of. I was born in California but we moved to Mississippi when I was 9. So I don’t live where I was born and started to grow up, but I do still live in Mississippi where I grew up the rest of the way. Lol. 🙂
- What is your favourite aspect of book blogging (or blogging in general!) The community. Hands down. I love interacting with other readers. I met a really great friend through blogging, and I hope to keep meeting new people!
- If you could pick one scent to smell for the rest of your life, what would it be? Coffee. Duh.
- Are you a morning or evening person? Mid-morning person.
- If you could bring back one person from the past who would it be? My dad’s mother and sister who I never met but have been told I’m really similar to.
- Favourite subject at school/college? English, duh.
- Have you ever had any pets? Yes. I’ve had lots. Currently: a big, old white lab named Sugar.
- Ever broken a bone? Sure haven’t. Knock on wood.
- Favourite app? Hmmm. Twitter? Or the WordPress app.
- Dog or a cat person? Dog. I’m unfortunately allergic to cats.
- Describe your dream house. First thing it needs: a library. One of those super cool, hidden behind a wall or something, secret libraries would be AWESOME. I’d love that’s open and filled with natural light, somewhere near the ocean but near mountains too. Super comfy, leather chairs that are perfect for lounging in while reading. Not too big or small – maybe two bedrooms, a library, the kitchen, dining room. I don’t need a huge house.
So since I’ve done several of these, I really don’t know who to tag anymore. I love all of you wonderful people and your blogs, so if you’re reading this and would like to give some facts about yourself, DO IT. Link me up below so I can learn more about you. 🙂