I was tagged by Rachel @ Confessions of a Book Geek for the 7 Deadly Sins Tag. It’s been a while since I’ve done a tag so I figured why not? Let’s have a bit of fun!
1. Greed – What is your most inexpensive book?
I picked up Life of Pi for like £1 at one of the Oxfams (used-bookstore) in Glasgow. That’s probably the least expensive book I’ve bought that I ended up really loving.
2. Wrath – What author do you have a love/hate relationship with?
I honestly can’t think of anything here. Suggestions?
3. Gluttony – What book have you devoured over and over with no shame?
All of the Harry Potter books and The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I’ve read the latter more times than I can count.
4. Sloth – What book have you neglected reading due to laziness?
I haven’t read any of the Game of Thrones books because I think they are way too long and a big commitment. Does that count?
5. Pride – What book do you most talk about in order to sound like an intellectual reader?
I don’t really do this, I don’t think. I haven’t read that many “high-brow” books. I mean, I love talking about the books that I’ve read and loved, but I don’t talk about any in particular to sound intellectual or well-read or whatever. I just talk about books.
6. Lust – What attributes do you find attractive in male or female characters?
I love really witty, sarcastic characters. I like smart and funny characters. I like characters who are really complex and maybe even flawed. I don’t know why I find this attractive, but if a character has lots of layers and a really interesting background, I like that. I like screwed up characters who end up using that to make them the awesome character they are now.
7. Envy – What book would you most like to receive as a gift?
I’d love anything by Ian Rankin, even if I already have it (which I do because I have every book he’s published). I love having different editions of books. Also, I would really love if a friend gave me a copy of their favorite book, especially if I haven’t read it. That would be really meaningful to me.