So I was over on fellow book blogger Joey’s blog, Thoughts and Afterthoughts, and I saw that he was going to be participating in something called Bout of Books. I’d never heard of it, but after checking out the website, I thought it was right up my alley!
Here’s the little about paragraph from their website:
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.
It’s perfect for me because I’m already going to be reading next week, of course. I love challenges, especially when it comes to reading. Why not participate?
One of the requirements for participating is posting your goals for the week: what are you going to do this week that is going to challenge you?
Here are mine:
- Read 5 books; the picture below is my tentative TBR for the week, but I have a feeling I might change this a little depending on my mood, as everything I’ve chosen is sci-fi/dystopian/fantasy. I might need a little YA/contemporary in there, especially since I just found out Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson is available at my local library! Do you have a book you think I should read?
- Review all 5 books & post these reviews on my blog, on Goodreads, on Amazon
- Track my progress each day on a single post on this blog & track my progress on Twitter; I will create a progress post on my blog on Monday and will update it throughout the week
- Comment on at least two other Bout of Books participants’ blogs per day
- Participate in at least one Twitter chat with other BoB-ers
So I don’t know if that’s too ambitious as I’ve never participated before, but I’m pretty sure I can do all of it. Look out for my progress post on Monday.
Are you participating in Bout of Books? What are your goals and what books are you reading?
I’m really excited for this, and I can’t wait to get started! Follow me on Twitter to stay updated with my progress (I’ll probably Tweet several times a day vs. just one progress post on here!)
Do you want to participate too? That’d be awesome! Sign up HERE.